Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Diy glitter barcart makeover complete....at last!


 



 
Omg I probably have no readers left on my blog! I know it was my very good intention at the start of the year to try and do some sporadic blogging but I really thought I would have posted something by now! I have been so busy the past few months with my very wild 2 year old and all the other stuff that goes along with being a working mum & wife. 

Some of you might remember way back in February I bought a little mahogany bar cart from a local thrift store for the bargain price of £5. Well I had grand plans for that bart cart until I got it home and it ended up sitting in my garage for the last few months.  

A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted it as blingtastic as possible (yes it is a word lol) and so I bought a tin of rustoleum gold spray paint and a tin of the glitter spray paint. I then went on eBay and bought 2 large tubs of champagne glitter. After spraying the whole thing gold I covered it in a light coat of watered down PGA glue, then I literally covered the whole thing, myself, the rabbit and half my house in glitter! Once it was dry I wiped off the excess glitter then sprayed the whole thing with the gold glitter spray, this created a seal  to stop the glitter going everywhere.

So tonight after a very lazy bank holiday I decided to finally put the finishing touches on it. I was in the kitchen finishes it off (feeling all chuffed with myself) when my very perceptive 7 year old came into the kitchen and said "wow mummy I love it" (big smile across my face) then in the same breath she said "but you know mummy Jake is just going to trash it" (yes my smile faded of course I knew this was the case) Jake really is so funny and he makes us all laugh everyday but you cannot leave anything out if you don't want him to destroy it-fact! 

So why did I put my bar cart together if only to take it apart the very next day? I really don't know, I think I just wanted to see what it was actually going to look like out my head and in my kitchen. Well it's here today and it will be gone (temporarily) tomorrow until our little monkey is able to leave it be! And I really love it! 

Hope all you guys are well, I am going to make more of an effort with the blog, doing my bar cart tonight made me remember how much I actually enjoy it! Take care
 
Careen x

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh it looks amazing!! Aww such a shame you can't keep it out for now - I'm a little like that at the moment with new kitty on board - she's like this tiny tornado, tearing up everything in her path (including myself, currently have enough scratches down my hands/arm that I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm self-harming)...

    And yes, I'm still reading!!! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails