Pages

Monday 4 April 2011

Monday's Dream House ♥

 
decorati.access

decorati.access
Hey guys, just back from a short break to Disneyland Paris with the family which was fab even if i couldn't go on any of the thrill rides due to lil' bump. My little 4 year old daughter went on the tower of terror with her daddy while my 11 year old son was like "no thanks" so funny! After much deliberation i thought that given the fact that I'm going to have another baby which straight away = chaos + 2 already very messy kids the velvet sofa may have to wait a few years (for practical reasons) so thought that a large super soft grey leather sofa might be a safer option. Saw one i love!!! Was thinking of mixing it with turquoise chairs of some sort, along with a lovely Moroccan tile rug. I always need a Lil bit of reassurance of how the ideas in my head will actually turn out before i go off and spend a ton of money. So i typed in my wish list into google search engine and to my amazement this gorgeous home popped up. I would never have thought of adding such a vibrant and bold wallpaper into the mix but it totally works and i am in design heaven. This has given me all the reassurance i need to forward on with my living room and also given me the added push to purchase an equally fab statement wallpaper.....I would also like to welcome my latest 2 followers to my blog, it means so much to me every time i see a new face and a lovely comment left on my blog, so a big thanks to you both. One problem I've got with my dream room is i cannot for the life of me find a Moroccan tile effect or geometric print rug similar to this one anywhere, Ive seen a girl on her own blog who stenciled her own which turned out pretty awesome, might need to be following her lead on that on.


4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration photo! And congrats on the bump! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a rug like that in the UK. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think West Elm had rugs like this for a while but I can't remember what the colorways were. This is a gorgeous room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So difficult to find this sort of pattern in the UK (and yes, I have tried as well!) - waiting for the UK to get with it already on geometric and Moroccan patterns!

    Fabulous inspiration photo - I LOVE the colour combo of grey, yellow and turquoise. Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Careen! Have you seen this? That gorgeous room and they changed the wallpaper. *shakes head in disbelief*

    I thought of you as soon as I saw it...
    http://www.peppermintbliss.com/2011/04/i-am-obsessed/

    *sob*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails